Good-bye Google Reader, HELLO Bloglovin'

The day is right around the corner...do you know what day I'm speaking of? The sad day, July 1, that Google Reader is going bye-bye. That's right, out the window.  What does that mean you say?  Well, in a nutshell, and I'm really not that RSS, Feeds, Bloggy fluent, it means how you get notified when your favorite blogger adds new blog content.  If you were a "follower" of the blog before, new posts would "feed" into Google Reader automatically.  With Google Reader going away, you still want notifications of new content so you have to make a switch, and you need to do it before July 1 because the blogs you currently follow will carry-over, or import once you sign up for your new "reader." There are a few out there, Feedly and Bloglovin' are the two biggies.  Check them both out and see which one suits you, but pick one, for sure, so you won't be left out of the blogosphere!  Personally, I went with Bloglovin'...for the simple reason that the platform just looked plain and simple and easy to read, plus I just like saying the name BLOGLOVIN'...bloglovin', bloglovin', bloglovin'! Can you just hear the love?  Anyway, I've gone ahead and added a Bloglovin' Follow Me button in the right sidebar, but I would encourage you to follow me or re-follow me, so you can get your bloggy serving of bloglovin' from the Hello Literacy menu! Bon Appetit!

Image courtesy of Oliver + S


2 comments:

  1. Do you know what this will mean for comments? I'm still a little unsure of that. What are your blog settings for comments? Mine used to be that only followers could comment (trying to avoid the spam and trolls), but I changed it so that "registered users" could comment. I assumed that the "only members of this blog" setting was linked to the Google Reader since that was automatic. I don't know. I just want to still be able to give and get feedback on posts! :)

    Enjoy your day!

    -Carrie
    First Grade with Ms. Dawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following on Bloglovin! I can't believe I wasn't following your blog already. I'm new on facebook and am liking you there too. Have a great weekend!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you wish....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...