Saturday, September 29, 2012

Invitation to Edmodo - Hello Literacy Group


For those of you on Edmodo, or those of you not on Edmodo who want to join (it's free to join)...I have created a Hello Literacy group, at the request of a few of you. Within Edmodo, there are Groups and Communities. Groups are by invitation, for teachers and students whom you know or have a common interest and Communities are Edmodo members-at-large that have the Community interest in common but otherwise don't know each other. The groups I belong to are my school district, Elementary IRT's, Lake Myra Staff, my students...that group is called Mrs. Jones' Smarties, and a district iPad group. I belong to two Communities in the more global Edmodo world, the Language Arts Community, the Social Studies Community, and the Elementary Science Community.  Once "in" Edmodo, you'll see a left sidebar, you'll want to click JOIN and enter the following group code:

pbra0d 

<<that's a zero between the a and the d>>>

Then, you're in and we're "connected"....see you there! If you're not sure about it, there is an introduction video at the Edmodo homepage that you can watch first....in a very abbreviated nutshell, it's like Facebook (sort of) for education members, mostly teachers and students, but parents can join too, just to see their "own" child's activity, but cannot view the activity of anyone else besides their own child. 
Happy Reading! Jen : )

4 comments:

  1. I am the only teacher using an iPad in my school (I purchased it). May I join your iPad group? My class uses Edmodo for SS and Science activities. This year we will begin with the Election. Edmodo is a great forum for discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to connecting in the Edmodo group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The code is invalid. Can I still join? I new to Edmodo and I loved your post about Elephants. Trying to figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me check on it and get back to you! :-)

      Delete

Comment if you wish....