Rainbow Words: Teaching, Learning & Assessing High Frequency Words


Teaching and learning high frequency words doesn't have to be boring...it can be fun with Rainbow Words.  This systematic way to teach, assess and track each child's learning of high frequency words is chunked by each color of the rainbow...once students learn the red words, they move on the orange words, etc.  This system is ideal for first grade as learning high frequency words is first grade Common Core standards in the Foundational Literacy Skills standards and this system would also be perfect as a 2nd and/or 3rd grade sight word intervention and progress monitoring system.  Everything you need to get Rainbow Words up and running in your classroom is here...and I am positive you will not be disappointed.  Since my Progress Monitoring vs. monitoring progress blog post a few months ago, many of you have emailed to ask where to get this...so here it is. I made it for YOU!


Here's a preview of what you'll get....and there's a First Things First document to read before you even get started that explains, how to get started and what to do first...




P.S. - The black borders are part of my Mixed-Up Doodle Borders Set 2.

Thanks everyone for encouraging me to put this all together...I hope you like it! - Jen
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I can not wait to use this during the upcoming school year! Thanks for creating and sharing this!!

    Constance
    Crhdouglas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie over at Down Under Teacher posted about how fabulous your system is and I LOOOOOOOVE it! It looks so FUN for the kids! It is now on my wish list and I am a new follower! Thank you for sharing this fabulous idea! :)

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you wish....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...