TCRWP CA Trip - Update #3 - Check-In

I know you're not tuning in to see the scenic views from San Luis Obispo, or to hear that the TCRWP provides Reading and Writing professional development all over the world, like Singapore and Taipei, Taiwan...but I will blog about my day today over several posts. 

Recognize the border on this poster??? Or how about the font in the words "Summer Institute"??? 

I played "greeter" this morning as the presenters arrived in the parking lot and showed them where to go...this conference room is their staging area for the week.

Last night Kathi and I stayed until 8:00pm to make sure everything was set and ready for check-in this morning....

...and the participants were finally here.  San Luis Coastal Unified School district is a rather small school district compared to mine, Wake County....there are 8 elementary schools in the district....and there were approximately 175 K-6 teachers in attendance for the conference, which began today and end Friday afternoon.  

I was assigned to the 2nd grade group...so I began my morning in the demonstration workshop session. In the afternoon I was in the 4th/5th grade lecture about the Nuts and Bolts of 4th/5th grade workshop.  
I will blog about this next. I took a ton of notes, and made lots of sketches in my notebook and took as many pictures as I could (from all the sessions, not just mine). As much as I would love to create a series of "one scene" small moment posts about what I learned today...I just don't have that much time and it 11:36PM now.  I'll do my best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you wish....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...