Print Concepts: It's Not a Secret!


This year as part of our conversion to schoolwide Title 1, we hosted several math and literacy nights as information sessions for parents.  I created this presentation to show parents the concepts of print that learners must understand before emerging as a reader.  Most parents were surprised to know that these concepts were things tested for and were grateful to be "in the know."  For most parents, if they just know what it is they're children need to know, most parents are willing to work with them.  Feel free to download my presentation if you'd like to use it with Kindergarten parents, too. 

3 comments:

  1. I love how explicit this is! I will share this with some of my parents whose children are struggling with concepts of print; especially 1-1 and vocabulary such as front cover, first word after repeated modeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great presentation. Very clear details for families to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Jennifer. I teach at a Title 1 school and many of the parents are not literate....especially with our growing ELL population. Several years ago our school was chosen as part of a grant to learn about TRI at Chapel Hill. Since you are in NC, do you know about it?

    I am a new follower to your blog and love it!

    I would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you wish....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...