North Carolina Reading Conference Presentation


This week, I had the pleasure and {absolute thrill...seriously, it was like an adrenal rush for me, I love it} of presenting at the North Carolina Reading Conference (p.47), here in Raleigh.  It's always nice to go to a conference and not have to travel far.  My presentation was, Vocabulary Instruction in the 21st Century: Visual Tools for Teachers and Students.  For one hour, I shared best practices from my own class {or at least the groups I teach} and other best practices in vocabulary instruction going on at Lake Myra on a daily basis...both low tech and high tech strategies.  I have to give a special shout-out to the gal in the front row...she came in so excited to see me and told me she'd been following my blog and website forever....what am amazing vote of confidence before I ever got started.  The room, the Chancellor Room, which was actually across the street at the Marriott, filled up quickly and by the time 1:15pm rolled around, there was standing room only!  To EVERYONE in my session, THANK YOU!! What a fantastic audience...so warm, welcoming and positive! I was almost not going to present this year {my life, work and home, is busy and crazy right now, gosh, as it always is} but after spending the afternoon with this great group of educators, I'm SO GLAD I didn't cancel. Ya'll are the reason I keep doing this...AND because I'm a D {google DISC and you'll understand!} and if I don't have 19 balls up in the air at once, I'm just not satisfied.  So, here's my presentation.  You can view or download it from my Slideshare homepage which is at www.slideshare.net/hellojenjones or view it directly HERE. Vocabulary instruction documents and handouts in this post.
Vocabulary Instruction in the 21st Century
View more presentations from Jennifer Jones

For most of the documents embedded into the presentation, I inlcuded them in a previous post about Vocabulary Instruction, see that post in "documents and handouts" hyperlink above.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was an outstanding presentation.

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Jennifer! Very exciting topic to present about. Great job!

    Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad April blogged about your wonderful blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found your blog through Pinterest. You have have so many wonderful resources. I also love your presentation on Vocabulary in the 21st Century. I am your newest follower. Hope you will come by to check out my blog! @ http://ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you wish....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...