Dr. Seuss Meets Alaska

http://www.idita-read.org/
This week our school will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' {why do I always have to stop and check the spelling of his name EVERY TIME I WRITE IT???} birthday with a festive variety of activities and celebrations thanks to our enthusiastic media teacher.  This year we are participating in the Idita-Read...and we are so excited. If you haven't signed up yet, get on over there and register. In addition, each day is a dress-up day, guest readers are scheduled and Thursday night is the Book Fair.  Here is the line-up for the dress-up days:

Monday - Sports Biography Day
Tuesday - Pajama Day
Wednesday - Fashion Disaster Day
Thursday - School Spirit Day
Friday - Book Character Day

Tomorrow I will be Apolo Ohno and Friday, I will be Pinkalicious...and I am so excited!!!

In the meantime, until pics are posted, here is a FREEBIE, a Poem of the Week.  {We have document cameras at our school, so we'll project it on there for all little eyes to see.}


{or grab the pdf here in Google Docs}
I realized that I had a typo in the first one, I fixed it on the link.


 Happy Reading! - Jen

4 comments:

  1. I check the spelling every time, too! Thanks for the heads up on the idita-read! I'm putting it on my calendar for next year...This week is already too crazy. It's the week of our spring musical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read on another blog this week (I can't remember who!) that they remember it because it has the word "us" in it, and she tells her students that Dr. Seuss wrote his books for all of US to enjoy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU!!! I'll never forget that now!

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you wish....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...